A sector that encompasses a wide range of organic agricultural products with specific properties
IRIS Agribusiness operates in a multi-product sector characterised by:
- Products with typical properties valued for specific uses,
- Some of these properties are associated with geographical locations, varieties or exclusive processing procedures,
- The need for a diverse range of products to meet various customer requirements,
- The importance of agriculture upstream, because of its contribution to defining the quality of the finished product,
- The vagaries of the climate, which can affect both the quality and quantity of production, particularly in organic agriculture.
Thanks to its expertise in the sector, IRIS Agribusiness can respond to its customers’ requirements and support their international development with solutions that cater to different regional contexts.
To achieve this, IRIS Agribusiness harnesses the skills and knowledge it has built up with its partners in key areas in the sector, namely:
- Selecting and developing varieties of organic agricultural raw materials
- A relationship of trust with small farmers working in countries in the South, in Africa and Latin America
- Harvesting, processing and storing agricultural raw materials
- Ensuring traceability and food safety
- Managing availability and price risk for agricultural raw materials
Iris Agribusiness guarantees a stable supply that meets our customers’ needs in terms of both quality and quantity, allowing them to focus on their core business.